Storage Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Bank Toronto
Bank Toronto urgently required following position for Storage Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Storage Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Bank Toronto Jobs Details:
The Storage Engineer will report to the Senior Manager within the Infrastructure Engineering organization. The accountabilities for the role include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive the development of strategies, capabilities, roadmaps, and proposals within the storage platform domain in line with the Bank’s requirements and industry/market trends.
- Manage an efficient engineering process to get from requests for new storage technologies all the way through full engineering, first time build and hand-off to operational teams.
- Effectively collaborate, influence and work with other teams across engineering, build, operations, project management and lines of business.
- Leverage deep Storage technology expertise that includes Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), and Archival and Data Protection technologies to deliver quality designs as part of a fully integrated solution for new projects that is consistent with client requirements and project objectives following TD’s technology architecture and security standards.
- Work with partners and team members within Technology to provide professional consultation services on technology best practices, standards and policies/guidelines.
- Execute strategy to steer solutions to the use of standardized design patterns across Application, Platform and Infrastructure. The incumbent will require an in-depth understanding of their business needs while identifying and leveraging synergies across the various areas.
- Coordinate and lead teams to deliver solutions in assigned functional area, meet SLA’s, Interface with IT, finance, audit, business unit management and other areas of TDBFG to ensure integrated processes, efficient introduction of new technologies, retirement of obsolete technologies and support for business-led initiatives requiring the capabilities of this infrastructure.
- Ensure that all areas in the organization that provision, deploy and support the Storage technology designs have the documentation they require to effectively execute their roles for project delivery.
- Effectively identify and manage stakeholder engagement and impacts across the enterprise. Engage relevant stakeholders to review progress and obtain appropriate input, validation and approval of key decisions and design standard exceptions.
- Work with vendor platform providers and engineering peers to keep abreast of trends, products, frameworks, and applications.
- Work with other teams to design storage solutions with consideration for overall strategy, installation, setup, data migration and administration, continuously striving to provide highly available and efficient storage solutions.
- Implement best practices for storage platform technology designs i.e. upgrades, data migration plans, HA, local and remote site data replication and backup & recovery strategies.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for technology design improvements to build more robust platform domains. Review and contribute to design & build standards.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of external development, market conditions and their impact.
- Act as thought leader, innovator and agent of change to influence and drive our Dept. strategy and proactively share knowledge with team members to further extend team capability and service excellence.
- May interact with regulatory and compliance bodies to consult on items relating to ITS technology and tools
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- 7+ years of storage management experience in large enterprises, designing, building and administering storage infrastructure solutions.
- In depth knowledge and experience with the Storage technology and its upstream/downstream interaction points across multiple platform domains and technology areas on both physical and virtualized environments.
- Experience in developing strategies, roadmaps and designs for large-scale organizations. Enabling the enterprise the ability for rapid growth and scalable solutions that do not require extensive manual intervention.
- Extensive project experience with NAS and data protection technologies including solid understanding of storage provisioning, virtualization, and performance management
- Advanced understanding of Storage Networking concepts: SCSI, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, LUN Security, SMB, NFS, object storage, data replication, virtualization, and distance extension technologies.
- Experience with hardware and software storage products and solutions, including Netapp, EMC, HDS, TSM, Commvault, Netbackup and Avamar
- Experience with storage file servers in an integrated Unix/Windows environment, preferably with Network Appliance clustered systems, Data ONTAP OS and application data management experience
- Experience with UNIX and Windows operating systems.
- Proven ability to present complex technical ideas in business friendly language proven technical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to isolate root causes.
- Utilize subject matter expertise to introduce new technologies, or new versions of existing technologies, into the organization.
- Design highly available storage systems that meet TD security and compliance policies required by our bank systems.
- Proven ability to collaborate across a large organization to effectively realize outcomes
- History of making an impact, developing and executing on strategies and delivering superior results in both the short and long term
- Proven ability to leverage deep subject matter expertise to develop and deploy a vision and align others to that vision. Known for providing creative thought leadership while also listening and engaging others to provide input in the shaping of that vision
- Adapt to new different or changing requirements , quickly grasp new concepts, adapt and reflect on lessons learned – comfortable with ambiguity, analyzes and evaluates, defines problem/challenge, identifies alternatives and makes timely decisions
- Exhibits comfort and maintains composure with audiences at all levels, tailors communication style and delivery to different audiences, uses effective listening skills to gain clarification from others.
- Uses knowledge of formal and informal policies and organizational interconnections to effectively navigate boundaries
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.