Administrative Professional Officer Jobs Vacancy in University Alberta Edmonton
University Alberta Edmonton urgently required following position for Administrative Professional Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Professional Officer Jobs Vacancy in University Alberta Edmonton Jobs Details:
The Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine invites applications for the position of Administrative Professional Officer (APO).
Reporting to the Chair, Department of Physical Therapy, the APO is responsible for coordinating efficient and effective administrative systems that support the teaching, research and service functions of the Department. Major areas of responsibility include: management of financial resources, academic program administration, personnel management, space and facilities management, and special projects administration.
- Manages, monitors and controls capital, operating, one time, and research funds to ensure optimal use of financial resources
- In consultation with the Chair, manages all budgetary functions associated with generating revenue and expenditures
- Oversees Department human resource management including payroll administration for non-academics, temporary academic professionals, ATS, and contract for services and liaises with Human Resources
- Advises all department staff of university administrative, financial and human resource procedures, policies and processes
- Contributes to the design, development and production of supports associated with educational programs in the department
- Interviews, selects, supervises and evaluates permanent and temporary support staff
- Oversees and supervises departmental student support services
- Plans, purchases and/or maintains all inventory, equipment, supplies, space, furnishings and capital renovations for the Department ensuring the optimum use of resources
- Participates in identifying problems/opportunities associated with the Department and formulating and implementing strategies
- Communicates with staff in the Dean’s office to coordinate inter-departmental initiatives
- Advises faculty members on policies related to research accounts and assists with administrative procedures for hiring research staff and processing payments
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field; master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a managerial/supervisory role
- Knowledge of University of Alberta administrative structure and policies and procedures (academic, financial, human resources)
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical and project management skills
- Financial analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills