Group Underwriter Calgary Jobs Vacancy in Msh International Calgary
Msh International Calgary urgently required following position for Group Underwriter Calgary. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Group Underwriter Calgary Jobs Vacancy in Msh International Calgary Jobs Details:
MSH INTERNATIONAL (Canada) Ltd.
We are a leading worldwide provider of expatriate insurance solutions. We advise multinationals, international organizations
and businesses in the setup of international benefit programs, providing related services with high added value. We cover
the risk of health, life, disability, and emergency medical assistance for more the 330,000 insured members by the means
of our four regional offices (Calgary, Paris, Dubai, and Shanghai); all sharing the same integrated information system. MSH
INTERNATIONAL is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We are proud to have a
multicultural team of more than 60 nationalities speaking over 40 different languages.
We are seeking a motivated Junior Underwriter to assist with augmenting sales and account management function by
pricing, evaluating/preparing renewal analyses and new business.
- Pricing of new accounts and submissions/negotiation/approval by underwriters;
- Pricing plan changes to existing accounts;
- Collating of rate, plan and carrier summaries from all participants in market;
- Production in initial proposal draft for submission to sales for review.
- Pricing of renewals and submission/negotiation/approval by underwriters;
- Production of internal renewal memos in advance of confirmation of terms by underwriters, outlining renewal
- Analysis of market adequacy of Lloyd’s rates un relation to markets and plan terms quoted for coverage options;
- Development of ASO pricing model for large accounts;
- Development of alternate funding arrangements and negotiation with underwriters on jumbo accounts;
- Rate and plan pricing for new product development through in-house plan arrangements.
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines;
- Ability to make good judgement and decisions;
- Ability to generate and implement creative solutions to problems;
- Ability to think strategically, understand a situation (accounts, competitive environment, product changes, etc..)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Strong analytical skills with a keen attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills with strengths in prioritization and efficiencies.
- Relevant college/university degree or diploma or equivalent work experience;
- 1-2 years’ experience in group underwriting capacity;
- Exposure to pooled, experience rated, ASO, and refund accounted funding arrangements;
- Prior experience underwriting groups of 10 to 100 lives required;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – specifically Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience working within a domestic insurance broker/consulting firm would be a definite asset.
MSH INTERNATIONAL recognizes the hard work and commitment of their employees and offers, in addition to a competitive
salary, a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health & Drug Benefits
- EAP Benefits
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefits
- Short Term Disability Benefits
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- Wellness/Health Facility Benefit
- Health Care Spending Account
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation and flex days