Manager Residential Mortgage Fulfillment Jobs Vacancy in Equitable Bank Toronto
Equitable Bank Toronto urgently required following position for Manager Residential Mortgage Fulfillment. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Residential Mortgage Fulfillment Jobs Vacancy in Equitable Bank Toronto Jobs Details:
Equitable Bank is one of Canada's Platinum Standard Best Employers for 2017 named by Aon Hewitt.
Why Equitable Bank?
If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
About Equitable Bank
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $17 billion in assets under management. Most recently, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 500 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.
Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.
Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Manager, Residential Mortgage Fulfillment
Department: Single Family Residential Mortgage Department
Reports To: Senior Manager, Residential Mortgage Underwriting
Purpose of Job:
The Manager is responsible for providing day to day leadership, mentoring and guidance to team members while at the same time ensuring that their team operates efficiently and productively. The Manager will be responsible for evaluating staff performance and providing timely feedback when required. The Manager is also responsible for assisting with the fulfillment of mortgage conditions and ensuring that departmental guidelines, procedures, policies and credit risk objectives are adhered to. This must be done as efficiently as possible while exercising sound lending judgment and without compromising service or profitability. The Manager will monitor the team to ensure processes are being carried out in a consistent manner and are supporting departmental goals and objectives.
- On a daily basis, take on a senior role and lead the team by providing support, guidance and mentoring to team members. Support SFR management and ensure that respective team members comply with company policies and guidelines. Be the first point of contact for escalations within the team and make prudent decisions in a timely fashion. Maximize the productivity of the team and rectify challenges as required. Ensure that team members are being diligent with their follow-up procedures and assist them in meeting their mortgage fulfillment and compliance objectives. Provide valuable timely feedback on team member performance and seek out training opportunities for staff as required. Lastly, identify barriers to effective operations and present process recommendations to management (40%).
- On a regular basis, assist with daily mortgage file fulfillment to ensure that files close in a timely fashion and satisfactory service levels are maintained. Place a strong emphasis on anti-money laundering (AML) and anti-terrorist financing (ATF) requirements, including but not limited to, income, down payment verification and client interviews. Ensure that documentation is acceptable and complies with established guidelines. As required, deal with suspected misrepresentation and take the necessary steps to mitigate any fraud related concerns as they occur. Ensure that the team manages their files effectively to ensure that they close in a timely manner and within established guidelines (20%).
- On a daily basis provide the highest level of internal and external customer service while fielding inquiries and building strong working relationships. On a daily basis provide mortgage fulfillment expertise to staff, mortgage brokers and Equitable Bank business partners. Work with team members as required to ensure that the overall team delivers exceptional service in everything they do (15%).
- On a daily basis, create and maintain various reports which will assist with the management of the team’s daily workflow and individual staff performance. Use the data obtained from reporting to motivate, mentor, support and lead the team (15%).
- On a daily basis, communicate with staff members to ensure company goals and objectives are understood and achieved. Communicate with external contacts and business partners to strengthen and promote the Equitable Bank brand in the marketplace (10%).
- 4+ years’ mortgage experience in the alternative mortgage market
- 2+ years of experience as a Mortgage Officer
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Established and meticulous organizational skills
- Sound multi-tasking skills and excellent attention to detail
- Autonomous ability to make decisions under pressure
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to respond in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Excellent time management, analytical and problem solving skills
- Committed to providing superb customer service
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Office (MS Word and Excel)
- Sound knowledge of mortgage lending
- Completion of a post-secondary degree, preferably in a financial field
- Proven ability to thrive and perform well in a constantly changing, high volume and high intensity environment
- Excellent knowledge of AML & ATF practices
- Advanced ability to comprehend and assess documentation relating to mortgage down payment and borrower income confirmation
- Elevated knowledge of fraud risk in the mortgage industry and the ability to address concerns relating to suspected misrepresentation