Branson Jobs Vacancy in North York General Hospital
North York General Hospital urgently required following position for Branson. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Branson Jobs Vacancy in North York General Hospital Jobs Details:
Registered Nurse (RN), Procedural Sedation Nurse
Branson Site, 555 Finch Ave W
Clinical Team Manager
IMAGINE a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From boardroom to the bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. At North York General Hospital, we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centered care, and as one of Canada's leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation. As part of our dynamic team, you too can stand out and be amazing! At North York General, our team is making a world of difference.
Registered Nurse, Branson OR/Ophthalmology
Your goal in this position is to provide excellent patient and family driven care, in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner. You will do this by collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of care providers, with an emphasis on the assessment, education, prevention, maintenance, and restoration of patient health. Youre a great relationship builder, and foster close contacts with peers across the entire organization. You have great interpersonal skills, and effortlessly connect with physicians, staff, patients, and families. This position supports the hospitals academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
Great Registered Nurses are:
Organized - they embrace the challenge of prioritizing patient care demands in a fast paced environment, and are eager to engage with new challenges every single day
Great Communicators - they communicate effectively with colleagues, staff, volunteers and families
Decisive - at the end of the day, they have the ability to make the big decisions, to take ownership of their actions, and use their critical thinking and problem solving skills in the best interests of the patient
Safety Conscious - they know that keeping everyone safe and healthy is the highest priority, and follow all H&S policies and guidelines
Committed - they embrace our learning culture and demonstrate ongoing commitment to professional development to enhance their knowledge and skills
On a practical level, you will
- Demonstrate the ability to function to the full scope of nursing practice per the College of Nurse of Ontario
- Demonstrative clinical competence in surgical nursing skills
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) with patients/clients, families and other members of the health care team
- Think critically, set priorities and organize work in response to client/patient needs
- Demonstrate knowledge of transfers and lifts
- Be committed to ongoing learning, professional development, and continuous quality improvement
- Have proficient skill level with computers, MS Word, Internet searches, data entry and patient information systems
- Assume a leadership/charge role with demonstrated evidence of self- motivation regarding continuing education in areas of patient assessment, patient education and related Clinical Specialties
- Have effective organizational, problem-solving, prioritization, time-management and teaching skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster good public relations and working relationships in a family centered care environment
- Demonstrate your ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations
- Diploma in Nursing, Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Physical Assessment Course
- Critical Care 1 and 2
- Minimum 5 years current PACU/CCU experience
- Minimum 2 years current adult and paediatric surgical experience
- Recent PACU certificate preferred
- RNAO and OPANA membership, preferred
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification, preferred
- Recovery room experience 3-5 years, preferred
- Procedural Sedation Nurse experience preferred
Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canadas leading hospitals. This is a Part-Time Casual position, on an as needed basis, days, 8 hour shifts, no weekends, in Branson OR/Ophthalmology department. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package which includes pay in lieu of benefits, vacation pay and the opportunity to join the Hospital Pension Plan.
How to Apply
Think you're the right person for the job? Here's your first chance to show us why:
Ensure to meet the deadline - only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.