Ehs Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Amazon Com Mississauga
Amazon Com Mississauga urgently required following position for Ehs Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Ehs Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Amazon Com Mississauga Jobs Details:
Amazon Fulfillment is seeking a full-time EHS Specialist (EHSS) to serve as a designated safety representative for their assigned fulfillment center (FC), coordinating and implementing all areas of the Amazon Global Safety Program as directed by the safety leadership. The EHSS promotes a positive safety culture while complying with Amazon safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment. This includes conducting trainings and coaching associates on observed work habits.
The EHSS is required to maintain accurate daily, weekly, and monthly metrics to report to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems. The EHSS supports management’s efforts to ensure compliance with all corporate Safety Program expectations and applicable federal & state laws. The EHSS also conducts risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. In addition, the EHSS is responsible for recommending appropriate risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomics.
*Relocation assistance is not provided*
EHS Specialist Responsibilities:
- Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly, and monthly audits
- Facilitate incident investigation process
- Maintain required paperwork to comply with Amazon and OSHA regulations
- Enter Safety Incident Information in internal database in a timely manner
- Perform safety observations & audits
- Train and assist others (Area Managers, safety team members, etc.) to complete their safety responsibilities (Audits, Follow Safety Rules, etc.)
- Perform specific safety training as required by the Safety Manager
- May have additional responsibility for fire prevention, hazardous waste management, or other safety related activities depending on the business unit and location
- Participate in process improvement activities and manage actions to completion
- Ability to communicate health and safety needs to all levels of the organization
- Calm demeanor in emergency situations
- Minimum of 1 years in an Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) related field or bachelor’s degree in related field
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 191
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel in a professional capacity · Experience maintaining confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues in the work place
- Available to work flexible shifts including days, nights and/or weekends
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a safety related field
- Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment, and customer focus skills
- Experience leading and managing a team Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses
- Experienced in emergency response and currently holds First aid and CPR certificates Experience in Worker’s Compensation case management
- Passion for safety