Accounts Receivable Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Canwel Building Materials Ltd Vancouver
Canwel Building Materials Ltd Vancouver urgently required following position for Accounts Receivable Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Canwel Building Materials Ltd Vancouver Jobs Details:
Founded in 1989, CanWel is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia and trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol CWX, and is Canada’s only fully integrated national distributor in the building materials and related products sector.
CanWel operates multiple treating plants and planing facilities in Canada and the United States, and operates distribution centres coast to coast in all major cities and strategic locations across Canada, and near San Francisco and Los Angeles, California. CanWel distributes a wide range of building materials, lumber, and renovation products. In addition, through its CanWel Fibre division, CanWel operates a vertically-integrated forest products company based in Western Canada, operating from British Columbia to Saskatchewan, also servicing the US Pacific Northwest. CanWel owns approximately 136,000 acres of private timberlands, strategic Crown licenses and tenures, log harvesting and trucking operations, several post and pole peeling facilities, and two pressure-treated specialty wood production plants.
Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor, the Accounts Receivable Clerk will assist in a high volume Accounts Receivable department working typically with address book set-up and maintenance.
- Set-up and maintenance of Address Book and Customer Master.
- Prepare and enter bank deposits, returns, and update daily lockbox.
- Process application of cash receipts including electronic fund transfers and wire transfers.
- Data entry, balance payments, record unearned discounts, and set up short payments.
- Bank reconciliations both on a daily and monthly basis.
- Interact with credit staff to ensure accounts and payments are up to date and accurate.
- Assist with filing, photocopying, and scanning as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Minimum two years’ experience in a high volume accounting department using a computerized accounting system
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Detail oriented and able to analyze and assess situations for the best outcome
- Accurate data entry skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiar with standard office equipment such as photocopier, mail processing, postage machine, fax, and scanning equipment
- Professional telephone skills required with emphasis on customer service
- Able to communicate effectively with internal staff and work in a team-focused environment
- Excellent English communication skills with an emphasis on customer service – written for email correspondence and verbal for phone discussions
- Experience with JD Edwards is an asset
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent Full-Time
- High school graduation
- Diploma or certificate in Business Administration is an asset*
- Base salary
- Corporate and regional annual incentive plan
- Group pension plan
- Health benefits*
HOURS OF WORK
- Monday through Friday
- 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Work Location: Suite 1100 – 1055 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC V6E 3P3
Please apply with your resume and cover letter in MS Word format quoting:
Reference Number: CAN-BC-NO-002-080118
in the subject line.
CanWel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounts Receivable: 2 years
- High school or equivalent