Technical Specialist Application Consultant Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group Toronto
Bmo Financial Group Toronto urgently required following position for Technical Specialist Application Consultant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Specialist Application Consultant Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group Toronto Jobs Details:
The Technical Specialist and Application Consultant is a member of the team supporting the portfolio of high complexity outsourced Procurement applications. The role encompasses the broad range of tasks from acting as the requirements project lead for various size projects, business partner relationship manager for the duration of the project, accountable for consulting with the business to understand its business goals and objectives, processes, and requirements, documenting and recommending solutions, responsible for the installation, testing, evaluation, and implementation of system changes to support business requirements and providing support.
The role provides business and technical advisory services on the configuration, functionality, applicability, and usability of Procurement technology solutions and identifies the impacts (people/process/technology) of change, recommends solutions, and is also accountable for ensuring that the technical approach is consistent with Enterprise, T&O, and Procurement strategies and considers future needs.
The role collaborates with the Technology Support & Management team, the Data & Analytics teams, relevant suppliers and partners, consults with stakeholders, shares expertise and is the lead on projects of varying size and scope to identify, analyze, design, recommend, develop, and implement change to Procurement applications and data assets. The role acts as a referral point to consult with business partners to understand requirements and technology capabilities to recommend effective solutions for the enterprise. The role also recommends changes to and applies the governance framework, principles, standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines regarding the proper deployment, documentation and integration of technology for Procurement.
This role sets and meets objectives within the 1-12 month time horizon.
Business Delivery & Operational Excellence
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions, including leading discussions, managing group dynamics, and maintaining group focus, to work towards accomplishing the stated goal(s) of the session within the context of initiative objectives
- Documents requirements and supporting designs according to the recommended practices of the organization so that activities and milestones to facilitate implementation goals are achieved and to enable on-going support
- Adheres to and ensures that others adhere to and supports the organization’s standards and ensures consistency of deliverables and documentation
- Plans, evaluates, and implements high quality change for all supported systems
- Provides clarification of requirements and designs to other project team members to assist them in the creation of their specific project deliverables (e.g., assists the testing team in the creation of the Testing Strategy and Testing Execution Plan)
- Verifies the appearance of the testing output to ensure it meets the requirements of the business
- Completes updates and maintenance activities to supported products with departmental procedures and standards in order to keep the systems optimized
- Completes problem analysis and resolution for medium to high impacting service issues
- Identifies sources of requirements, possible interfaces, and affected stakeholders based on high-level process description or scenarios in order to understand overall stakeholder needs
- Builds, sustains, and leverages relationships with relevant stakeholders within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering, validating, and approving requirements to ensure that a quality result will be delivered
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions, including leading discussions, managing group dynamics, and maintaining group focus, to work towards accomplishing the stated goal(s) of the session within the context of the project objectives
- Builds, develops, and maintains relationships with peers, suppliers, internal business partners and stakeholders in support of Procurement and/or enterprise initiatives and application support
Governance, Risk Management, and Control
- Ensures compliance to the governance framework, principles, standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines regarding the proper deployment, integration, and management of technology
- Drive the ongoing development and implementation of risk mitigation strategies and ensure all regulatory, audit and compliance requirements are built into any programs or initiatives being developed.
- Understands and follows security processes and understands how they apply to this role
- Assists in testing and verification of security controls in new or upgraded products
- Adheres to corporate policies and best practices to ensure internal and external audit and regulatory compliance in the areas of security, control and standards
- Contributes to improve the best practices of the technology and data governance community within the Enterprise to help drive consistency, transparency and execution excellence supporting Book of Record Transaction Systems.
Change and Innovation
- Focus on continuously innovating technology, services, processes and solutions in order to elevate our customer experience and the user experience for Procurement applications
- Provides solutions to complex technical issues to ensure the optimal solutions are recommended to the Senior Manager(s) and to business partners
- Keeps abreast of technology trends and recommends alternative approaches and solutions to initiatives and challenges
- Identifies inconsistencies and gaps within a business process description and collaborates with stakeholders to clarify and simplify complex processes
- Proactively identify new opportunities and makes recommendations for improvement to increase effectiveness, improve efficiencies, ease of use, or user functionality through technology upgrades and/or changes/enhancements to the system or processes.
- Follows defined change management practices and seeks appropriate approvals to perform changes in all application environments
- Coupa Procure to Pay (P2P) platform - Front end system used bank wide - Internal name BMO SmartProcure
- Hiperos 3PM Third Party Risk Management platform - Internal name SEMS - Supplier Engagement and Management System
- Oracle EBS R12 - Backend system used by Procurement operations teams.
- Ariba Sourcing - used to project manage Sourcing activity and for any go to market activities
- SharePoint - used for various internal management purposes
- JIRA/Remedy - Tools used for our internal governance
- Undergraduate degree in applied technologies, information systems, or a related discipline
- Minimum 4 years of experience in technology support and/or application/infrastructure management an asset
- Experience in accounting or financial services an asset
- Knowledge of outsourcing and supplier management an asset
- Knowledge of market procurement and payables practices and industry trends, standards and best practices an asset
- Knowledge of modern strategic sourcing, supplier risk/performance management, contract management, procurement, financial accounting, data analytics, information management, and collaboration business applications an asset
Application Configuration knowledge
- Knowledge/experience of application development and/or business partner solution delivery
- Knowledge/experience of the use of project management methodologies and tools (e.g. ITIL, Agile, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge/experience of Software as a Service (SaaS) aka Cloud management
- Knowledge of technology architecture and systems integration
- Knowledge of BMO governance processes and controls
- Exposure to configuration of web-based applications.
- Exposure to procurement applications noted above or other industry equivalents
- Execution skills and change management capabilities. Consistent ability to produce high quality output and remain composed under pressure of competing deadlines, and priorities
- Project management exposure
- Governance exposure and experience - ITIL, Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Agility in learning and ability to quickly become comfortable with unfamiliar businesses areas or technologies.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues
- Data analysis skills
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve technology/business processes/solutions
- Exposure to procurement business skills: sourcing, supplier management, contract management, procurement, payables methodology and process
- Relationship management skills: impact and influence; contract development, negotiation, collaboration; conflict management and resolution
- Verbal and written communication, presentation and time management
- Ability to work independently
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations Canada-Quebec-Montreal, United States-Illinois-Chicago
Job Posting 02/09/18
Unposting Date Ongoing