Community Connections Worker Jobs Vacancy in Terrace And District Community Services Terrace
Terrace And District Community Services Terrace urgently required following position for Community Connections Worker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Community Connections Worker Jobs Vacancy in Terrace And District Community Services Terrace Jobs Details:
REFERENCE NUMBER: 662-36
Position Community Connections Worker -
TDCSS Counselling and Support Services
Job Summary TDCSS fosters an environment of continuous learning and a work culture of professional development. All employees of TDCSS are expected to participate in ongoing professional growth and development activities.
The Community Connections Worker plans, implements, and oversees the day-to-day activities of the TDCSS Soup Kitchen. Provides direct service to TDCSS Soup Kitchen participants.
- Provide housing support to TDCSS Soup Kitchen participants including:
- Meet with TDCSS Homeless Outreach Worker to review resources available,
- Meet with TDCSS Poverty Law Advocate,
- Meet with landlords who are willing to provide housing,
- Support individuals to resolve any outstanding issues with past landlords,
- Create and maintain a housing board with available rentals and shelter information,
- Arrange workshops on pre-employment skills,
- Provide instruction for online job searching and applications,
- Refer individuals to TDCSS Employment Services or Northwest Training Employment Centre.
- Refer individuals to Aboriginal Skill Development programs,
- Facilitate group based employability skills and employment readiness training
- Create and maintain a Job Board onsite
- Arrange volunteer opportunities or refer to Volunteer Terrace
- Complete an intake form and needs assessment upon initial meeting with interested participants. Referrals will be made based on information given as needed as well as the development of a wellness plan.
- Update local resource guide and street survival guide. This information will be made available to individuals.
- Purchase required program supplies including: basic hygiene supplies, food, and approved kitchen and program equipment. CCW will make participant support resources available to individuals on a case by case request
- Coordinate with community partners, including:
- contact Northern Health with a request for health care items that can be distributed,
- coordinate Public Health nurses providing health care, immunizations, and basic first aid onsite,
- Work in collaboration with other service providers to ensure individuals have access to basic and urgent care needs.
- Individuals will be supported to access emergency shelters, emergency medical services, and emergency funds as appropriate
- Individuals will be supported to complete application paperwork as needed.
- Invite community social service agencies and ministry staff to provide information sessions and resources.
- Refer individuals to Northwest Community College as needed,
- Refer individuals to Northwest Training or Aboriginal skill development programs
- Refer to TDCSS Poverty Law Advocate as needed
- Arrange/facilitate workshops on basic life skills such as effective communication, problem solving strategies, good hygiene, managing a household, and budgeting,
- Research available income assistance benefits available and make information available
- Research available training opportunities to put on the resource board
- While situated in the TDCSS Soup Kitchen, the CCW will oversees the day-to-day operation of the TDCSS Soup Kitchen by ensuring that the necessary facilities and equipment are in place, program guidelines and policies are adhered to, and program standards and licensing requirements are met.
- The CCW will orient, train, monitor and provide support to program volunteers. Dismisses volunteers if necessary.
- Makes recommendation to the Program Manager regarding program development, policy and procedure formulation and program evaluation.
- Monitors and authorizes program expenditures and maintains financial records in accordance to established procedures. Provides input to the Program Manager in the preparation of the program budget.
- Maintains related records and statistics and produces reports as required.
- Oversees food planning and preparation and grocery shopping.
- Promote public awareness of and support for the program by performing duties such as producing promotional materials (including written, video, and digital media) and attending community events.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Hours Mon – Fri 8:30- 2:30 pm
Part time 25-30 hours average per week.
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Union Status Non-Union
Wages $19.00 per hour
Required: Diploma in a related human/social service related field.
Preferred: A Diploma in a related human or social service field and one year experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required: One (1) year recent related experience working with vulnerable population, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of housing and homelessness
- Demonstrated ability to follow through with assigned tasks
- Experience in working with individuals who have multiple barriers
- Knowledge of available resources in the community
Skills & Abilities
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Interviewing and assessment skills
- Flexibility; ability to handle and prioritize a variety of tasks
- Ability to plan & organize work/workspace, keep files up-to-date and organized
- Clear Provincial Attorney General Criminal Record Check
- TDCSS Medical Certificate signed by Physician
- Must have own, reliable vehicle
- Business insurance
- Acceptable Driver’s Abstract
- Class 5 BCDL
- Foodsafe Level 1
An equivalent of education and/or experience will be considered for this job. Job Descriptions are available upon request. TDCSS is an equal opportunity employer. This position is gender inclusive. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, however, only successful applicants will be contacted. Please apply for each posting that you are interested separately, even if you have previously applied with TDCSS.
Date Posted: February 8, 2018 Closing Date February 21, 2018
All Memos & applications to this posting must be emailed to: hiring at tdcss.ca
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent