Finishing Carpenter Jobs Vacancy in Twin Anchors Manufacturing Ltd Sicamous
Twin Anchors Manufacturing Ltd Sicamous urgently required following position for Finishing Carpenter. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Finishing Carpenter Jobs Vacancy in Twin Anchors Manufacturing Ltd Sicamous Jobs Details:
Twin Anchors Manufacturing (2004) Ltd., located in Sicamous BC, is looking for qualified individuals with all levels of training to join our team building luxurious houseboats and new portable buildings. We are accepting resumes for Finishing Carpenter.
The Finishing Carpenter, under the direction of the department head, will primarily be responsible for trim work, all types of door installation and hardware installation with a high standard of workmanship and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will also be responsible to ensure compliance with company policies and standards for waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery. This is a permanent, full-time position Monday to Thursday 6:30 am – 5 pm starting as soon as possible.
Hourly wage is dependent on experience. Overtime may be required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Cut, drill, shape and smooth lumber and other materials (eg. Drywall, sheet metal)
- Comfortable with using hand tools, power tools, and other aids
- Inspect work and conduct repairs and maintenance
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency
- Attend staff meetings and discussions to improve productivity, quality, and safety
- Requisition materials and supplies as needed
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Good physical condition and endurance (regular lifting up to 50 lbs is typical)
- Accountability - Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
- Adaptability - Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities and requirements
- Communication - Expresses and transmits information verbally with consistency and clarity.
- Teamwork - Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2 years proven experience as a carpenter/finisher
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measuring tools
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of safety standards
- Proficient in English
Benefits will be provided after 3 months
Job Type: Full-time
- Finish Carpentry: 2 years
- Carpentry: 2 years