Junior Facilitator Spiral Garden Jobs Vacancy in Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Toronto
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Toronto urgently required following position for Junior Facilitator Spiral Garden. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Junior Facilitator Spiral Garden Jobs Vacancy in Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Toronto Jobs Details:
The Spiral Garden is an integrated outdoor art, gardening and play day program integral to Holland Bloorview since 1984. The program brings together inpatients as well as children with and without disabilities from the community. Participants interact and play through music, visual arts, movement, drama, gardening and play.
- Provide 1:1 assistance for assigned client (assist with toileting, feeding, focus, behaviour, activity tasks etc.)
- Facilitate assigned client?s fullest possible participation in the program
- Assist Care Team Coordinator/Personal Support Worker with other clients? needs as necessary
- Assist safe participation of clients
- Provide support at lunch/break times
- Contribute to daily debriefing meetings
- Collaborate with program staff, volunteers and families
- Work as a team member with the larger Team, including participation in group activities such as arts activities, music circle etc.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives, supports the maintenance of a safe and healthy work environment and advances a culture of client/patient safety through work and daily practices
- Encourage and support participants in oral communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, task planning and organizing, and peer socialization.
- Applies crisis intervention strategies calmly and effectively and is able to respond quickly to situations.
- Ability to work in a busy, outdoor environment and physically demanding (lifts and transfers)
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in a Full Time post secondary program in Developmental Service Work, Child/Youth Worker, Child Development, Rehabilitation Therapy Assistant, Nursing, etc.
- Basic CPR certification ? Basic Rescuer (C) certificate
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate
- Experience working with children or youth with physical disabilities and/or developmental delays
- Demonstrated understanding and training in supporting individuals with ASD
- Experience with creative arts (music, art, drama) facilitation and participation preferred
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible, to assess the needs of individuals and to respond quickly to needs
- Demonstrates initiative and self direction to work independently at times
- Demonstrates ability to organize time and manage working hours
- Demonstrates ability to work in collaboration with staff/clients/families
- Demonstrates sound judgment and excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform lifts, transfer or position participants independently, as needed
- Ability and experience in feeding and toileting participants independently, as needed
This position is funded through a government program, which creates summer job opportunities for students; therefore, eligible candidates must be:
- Students between the ages of 15 and 30 (at the start of the employment)
- Registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Please note: only applicants that meet the above mentioned criteria will be considered for this position.