Research Project Manager Red Jobs Vacancy in Institute For Clinical Evaluative Sciences Ices Toronto
Institute For Clinical Evaluative Sciences Ices Toronto urgently required following position for Research Project Manager Red. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Project Manager Red Jobs Vacancy in Institute For Clinical Evaluative Sciences Ices Toronto Jobs Details:
Data. Discovery. Better Health.
We’ve got the data. Only the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences holds all of Ontario’s 18 billion health related records – comprised of nearly a trillion data points!
We’ve made improvements to health. As a world-leading research institute, our trusted evidence changes policy and practice…and patient lives.
We need you for the discovery part.
Your skills, knowledge and curiosity can change the future of health care.
Come discover your value.
The ICES’ Research and Analysis Department is seeking a motivated and collaborative Research Project Manager (PM) in the Cardiovascular Research Program to help coordinate a new CANHEART Strategy for patient-oriented Research (SPOR) Innovative Clinical Trials project ( www.canheart.ca/clinicaltrials/ ). The Research Project Manager reports to the Research Program Manager in their assigned program and works collaboratively with the project team and under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI) or Staff Scientist. The PM will be responsible for organizing and overseeing all aspects of the study, coordinating selected activities of the investigators and research team members and managing the associated budgets, timelines, contracts, deliverables and project documentations such as communications, status reports and contracts for clinical trial data.
A major focus of the initiative will be on improving the management of high cholesterol in patients living in medium- and high-risk health regions in Ontario with a focus on implementation science. The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating the dissemination of implementation science tools (e.g. community practice reports, electronic educational material, decision support tools, etc.) to physicians and patients living in these communities via social and traditional media methods. They will also help coordinate patient and physician engagement activities as well as the activities of researchers and students working on this and other innovative clinical trial projects. Prior clinical knowledge (e.g. nursing, pharmacy, etc.) of cardiovascular medicine and/or training in implementation science would be an asset.
Responsibilities of the position include, but may not be limited to:
1. Develop, plan and implement study/project protocols under the direction of the PI or Staff Scientist. These activities may include:
- Assisting in grant/project submissions including budget preparation;
- Completing literature searches and/or literature reviews;
- Assisting with study design and/or data collection methodology;
- Assist with dissemination of implementation science tools to physicians and patients;
- Assisting with bringing external data into ICES for use in the project;
- Assist with the accurate and timely production of data/reports including data quality activities, data interpretation and presentation.
2. Manage all phases of implementation science tool dissemination including:
- Developing patient/physician recruitment strategies;
- Ensuring Research Ethics Board approvals and project documents (e.g., Data Sharing Agreements, abstractor contracts) are completed as required;
- Assisting with the design and development of data collection and dissemination tools/applications;
- Developing operations/dissemination tools manuals;
- Recruiting, training, managing local project stakeholders; liaising with community representatives and other stakeholders, patients, clinicians, co-investigators, consultants and research support staff;
- Ensuring data quality and completeness through audits and data cleaning;
- Use of social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to promote the project to patients and physicians in these communities.
3. General project management which may include:
- Monitoring project timelines, risks and deliverables in collaboration with other team members;
- Managing project budgets and allocating funds in collaboration with the PI;
- Liaising with the Finance and Procurement departments.
4. Work effectively and efficiently according to ICES policies, procedures, standards, workflow processes, documents and requirements (e.g., complete program and project documentation according to ICES standards and guidelines) ;
5. Write reports (technical reports/working papers/ICES publications/web-based summaries) , abstracts, poster presentations, peer-reviewed publications and other relevant deliverables, in collaboration with the PI or Staff Scientist;
6. Work with Communications to finalize written and graphic formats and to create report dissemination plans;
7. Interface with internal and external stakeholders in support of the project such as expert panels, committees and team meetings;
8. Facilitate the uptake of knowledge by local decision-makers across Ontario through the presentation of findings, education sessions, and one-on-one interactions as required;
9. May contribute to or support the development of a body of knowledge in support of ICES such as updating documentation;
10. May contribute to other committees or activities within the department or ICES in support of ICES business plan as required;
11. The project manager will oversee the patient and physician engagement panels and working groups set up for the project;
12. The project manager will work collaboratively with research partners to support the student training program associated with this research initiative;
13. Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Master’s degree in health sciences discipline such as Epidemiology, Health Sciences (nursing), implementation science or a related field;
- Knowledge gained through 2 years of related experience;
- Experience in managing clinical, epidemiological and/or health services research projects and/or experience in health planning and decision support;
- Experience in clinical cardiovascular research an asset;
- Experience developing and implementing plans for physician and patient engagement in support of intervention trials an asset;
- Good understanding of how to use social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) would be an asset;
- Working knowledge of common research and data presentation methodologies and primary data collection and management methodologies;
- Good working knowledge of the concepts of health services research;
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects within tight timelines. Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Internet Explorer) , as well as the ability to work with computerized databases;
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and oral and written communication skills;
- The position may require some travel to various communities in Ontario as a representative of the project team;
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment.
This position is a two year full-time contract with possibility of renewal located at ICES Central in Toronto.
ICES offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits, and participation in a defined benefit pension plan with HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan).
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter detailing how their knowledge, skills, and abilities match the scope of this position by Friday February 23, 2018 to the attention of:
Human Resources Department
Please quote job# RED-18-06
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at ICES. Due to the volume of applications received, only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted for further discussions.
ICES is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, and applicants are asked to make their needs known.
Job Type: Contract
- related: 2 years