Business Management Instructor Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Career College North Bay
Canadian Career College North Bay urgently required following position for Business Management Instructor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Business Management Instructor Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Career College North Bay Jobs Details:
The college instructor teaches in discipline areas in which they have specific training and competence. As such, the instructor is expected to plan, organize, and teach in a manner that aligns with the values of CTS Canadian Career College.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure students are being taught in accordance with approved curriculum
- Foster an environment of co-operation and co-ordination among instructional staff
- Participate in the student appeal process when required
- Assist with tracking student hours in accordance with college procedures
- Attend graduation ceremonies
- Implement and follow the policies and procedures established by the College
- Participate in meetings with staff when required
- Participate in student orientations
- Maintain proper records of student meetings
- Submit monthly reports to the program coordinator
- Teach students using a systematic plan that consists of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, interactive activities, independent and group projects
- Inform students, beforehand, of the basis upon which their performance will be evaluated;
- Organize and effectively use classroom time
- Use instruction techniques/methods that recognize and take into account needs and learning capacities of students
- Modify techniques during instruction in response to the needs of the students
- Assist students in developing efficient learning skills and work habits
- Ensure all course objectives and modules are taught according to the program schedules
- Implement course outlines and daily breakdowns
- Modify course outlines in light of the needs of the students
- Establish an appropriate atmosphere in the classroom which is conducive to learning
- Maintain fair, firm and consistent discipline with the students
- Regularly monitor student progress and adjust courses accordingly
- Prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
- Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students’ progress
- Provide individualized tutorial or remedial instruction to students who require it
- Supervise independent or group projects
- Base the evaluation of students on the guidelines established by the College
- Ensure that the evaluation of students is appropriate;
- Keep accurate and complete records of student performance
- Ensure all evaluation records are regularly updated on the college’s electronic server;
- Prepare final examinations in accordance with guidelines established on the course outline
- Provide timely feedback to students regarding academic progress
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation in areas of responsibility
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
College Diploma or Graduate Certificate in business management, commerce, or related field.
Education examples; Business administration, Commerce, Accounting, Marketing, Human Resources, Economics
The successful candidate requires a minimum of 24 months of working experience in their field of study to qualify as an industry instructor. Additional experience may be considered in place of formal education.
- Familiar with Private Career Colleges
- Private Career Colleges Act
- Accessibility of Ontarians Disability Act – Customer Service Standard
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Mail, Docs, and Calendar
- Work with competing priorities and deadlines
- Deliver lectures
- Conduct yourself professionally at all times
- Communicate with internal staff and external community members
- Position location: North Bay, Ontario
- Work environment: Classroom
- Hours of work: 0-25 hours per week
- Schedule of work: 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
The successful candidate can expect a starting range between $22.00 – $26.00 per hour.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the position and location that you are applying for in the subject line.
CTS Canadian Career College and Modern College of Hairstyling and Esthetics is an equal opportunity employer.