Sports Program Facilitator Jobs Vacancy in The Learning Disabilities Association Toronto Toronto
The Learning Disabilities Association Toronto Toronto urgently required following position for Sports Program Facilitator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Sports Program Facilitator Jobs Vacancy in The Learning Disabilities Association Toronto Toronto Jobs Details:
For many children with a Learning Disability and Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder, interacting and socializing with peers can present an ongoing struggle. This can impact their desire to participate in physical activity and team sports. In addition, the ability to understand basic movement skills such as running, catching, jumping, kicking and throwingis acquired intuitively at an early age. Those with learning disabilities, however, sometimes need help in both developing and understanding these movement skills. Children with Learning Disabilities and or AD(H)D may have challenges with motor skills and hand-eye coordination. As they learn, they also need a safe and supportive place where they can practice these skills.
This program teaches fundamental movement and sport skills that allow children to participate confidently in team sports and physical activity. LDATD is currently recruiting skilled staff to work with children ages 5-12 who may have learning disabilities and/or AD(H)D.
Successful candidates will be available to cover all 3 shifts and work with the program at all locations during the hours specified below:
- Wednesdays 6-8pm at Location 1 (Markham Rd & Ellesmere Rd)
- Friday 6-8pm at Location 2 (Keele & Lawrence)
- Saturdays 10am-12pm at Location 3 (Keele & Lawrence)
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a coach or related experience coaching with children ages 5-12
- Education, Psychology, Sociology, Social Service Worker, ECE or Child and Youth Worker Programs are an asset
- First Aid/CPR certification
- High 5 certification
- Fundamental Movement Skills Certified by Coaches Association of Ontario
- NCCP/CAC certification
- Familiar with Ministry of Sport Concussion Prevention
- A valid Vulnerable Sector’s Criminal Record Check
As a Coach your job will consist of the following:
- Teach children to acquire fundamental movement and sports skills while allowing them to progress at their own pace
- Plan and deliver age and skill appropriate training
- Ensure the goals of the program are being met
- Understand and implement the fundamental movement and sport skills by NCCP and CAC
- Expertise and experience in working with children with LD’s and AD(H)D
- Provide a safe, unbiased, and non-judgmental environment for both the children and your fellow co-workers
- Provide feedback to the child’s parent or guardian
- Report program status updates and any other pertinent information to the program coordinator on a weekly basis, at supervisory and team meetings, or as the need arises
***Please specify which location you are available to work at. You MUST be available during the specified time each week from May 16- June 30, 2018.
The Agency conducts continuous interviews (telephone screening and personal interviews) and will hire the first suitable candidate.
A police clearance letter completed within the past twelve months will be required prior to commencing employment. Access to a car and valid driver’s license would be an asset.
LDATD is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls.
Job Type: Part-time