Transit Driver Jobs Vacancy in Pwtransit Hazelton
Pwtransit Hazelton urgently required following position for Transit Driver. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Transit Driver Jobs Vacancy in Pwtransit Hazelton Jobs Details:
- Operates BC Transit vehicles on fixed-routes while adhering to posted schedules.
- Transports customers in accordance with BC Transit and Company policies, observing all traffic laws and safety rules and adhering to time schedules
- Courteously and professionally interacts with customers, including loading mobility devices and escorting customers to and from curbside as required, answering inquiries en route, making general announcements to assist customers, issuing transfers, collecting correct fares and ensuring valid passes are presented, and arranging for passenger pick-up and drop-off as required
- Completes a variety of vehicle and incident reports as required
- Carries out emergency/accident procedures when required
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, Class 2 or higher with air brake endorsement and possess a demonstrated record indicating safe and responsible vehicle operation over the past 5 years
- No more than 3 points in the past 3 years
- No more than 5 points in the past 5 years
- No more than 2 violations in the past 5 years
- No suspensions or prohibitions of any kind in the past 5 years
- No more than 1 at fault accident in the past 5 years
- Must meet qualifications for ICBC Commercial Licensing
- Significant skills dealing effectively with the public, including demonstrated skills in conflict resolution, problem solving, and sound decision-making in positions providing customer service
- Ability to understand, speak, and write English in order to communicate effectively with the traveling public and to report on incidents involving safety and/or service
- Willing to work shifts, including split shifts, weekends, and statutory holidays (transit service may operate 7 days per week, 21 hours per day)
- No criminal convictions or pending charges relating directly to the Operator position
- A good knowledge of the local area is an asset
- This position may require working shifts, including split shifts, as well as weekends and statutory holidays
- Selected applicants will be required to participate in a comprehensive recruitment process which consists of interviews, trainability session, medical examination (as required for licensing), drug and alcohol screening, criminal record and reference checks
Job Type: Full-time