Clerical Assistant Family Health Team Jobs Vacancy in Michael Hospital Toronto
Michael Hospital Toronto urgently required following position for Clerical Assistant Family Health Team. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Clerical Assistant Family Health Team Jobs Vacancy in Michael Hospital Toronto Jobs Details:
Reporting directly to the Clinical Leader/ Manager, the Clerical Assistant will be responsible for performing a range of administrative, secretarial, word processing and business support services for a patient care unit.
As a highly organized, self motivated, results-oriented individual, you will be accountable for:
- Providing administrative and secretarial support to the patient care team
- Scheduling patient appointments, procedures as well as outpatient follow-ups using state of the art computer software
- Liaising with various hospital departments such as payroll, purchasing, etc. to exchange information and to resolve issues
- Generating a variety of documents including correspondence and medical legal reports
- Operating multi-line telephones, greeting and receiving visitors (patients, families, etc.) and responding to inquiries including patient safety concerns and taking appropriate corrective action
- Utilizing computer equipment and various software packages, i.e. word processing, group wise, patient registration (ADT and PS Suite), spreadsheets to generate a variety of correspondence and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and orally in English with the ability to communicate with patients and team members and operate multi-line telephones, respond to inquiries and redirect calls as appropriate
- Medical terminology certificate preferred
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills with advanced knowledge of word processing and Patient Registration ADT & PS Suite programs, i.e. Word, Microsoft Office
- Previous clerical experience in a health care setting
- Well developed organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Excellent customer service record with proven success working as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of St. Michael's Hospital
- Excellent attendance record
I n this role, candidates will be required to work at all of the 6 Clinic locations ( Health Centre at 410, Health Centre at 80 Bond, St. James Town Health Centre, Sumac Creek Health Centre, Family Practice Unit at 61 Queen , St. Lawrence Health Centre).