Communications Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Alberta Council Disability Services Calgary
Alberta Council Disability Services Calgary urgently required following position for Communications Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Communications Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Alberta Council Disability Services Calgary Jobs Details:
Who We Are
The Alberta Council of Disability Services (ACDS) is a not-for-profit, provincial association of organizations that support people with developmental disabilities or brain injury. Our goal is to ensure quality service delivery in the Community Disability Services (CDS) sector. Member support is provided through policy advocacy, training and development, accreditation, research, and building connections within and across the CDS sector. We are a highly respected conduit of information and collaboration between the government and member organizations.
What We Are Seeking
To support our membership engagement, government relations, and marketing activities, we need a skilled professional to develop and execute a broad spectrum communications and public relations strategy. Located in either Calgary or Edmonton, the Communications Coordinator will be responsible for the full range of external communications to advance ACDS’ mission, strategic priorities, and programs.
This part-time position, which may be expanded into a full-time role in the future, will appeal to a highly organized, deadline-driven professional with communications savvy and design aptitude for print and digital media. The ideal candidate will be one who requires little supervision, can manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment, and who wants to contribute their skills to make a difference in the nonprofit sector.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Audit ACDS’ existing communication mechanisms, processes, tools and activities, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Develop and implement a communications strategy that addresses ACDS’ target audiences, strategic priorities, and organizational programs and activities.
- Oversee, design, and produce content for the ACDS website.
- Share information relevant to ACDS activities and the CDS sector through social media platforms, including creating posts, monitoring conversations, and keeping staff and members informed of sector developments.
- Ensure membership database and distribution lists are up-to-date, and maintained in accordance with privacy laws.
- Work closely with ACDS staff to complete the production and distribution of digital and print communications materials including bi-weekly e-updates to members and stakeholders, annual reports, policy briefs, research summaries, press releases, and other publications.
- Support all ACDS events, including the AGM, annual conference, and other stakeholder engagement activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in communications, public relations, or related disciplines, with a minimum of 5 years of communications experience, preferably in a non-profit environment. An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Experience in successfully developing, implementing, and evaluating a communications plan and strategy.
- Experience delivering effective communications across a variety of media and channels, including website design, development and management, and social media engagement.
- Graphic design experience, or demonstrated ability to closely collaborate with design contractors.
- Proficiency in database management and records retrieval.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English language.
- Able to work respectfully in a diverse team environment, share expertise and knowledge, contribute to sound decision-making across professional and operational boundaries, and willing to roll up the sleeves to support organizational activities and priorities.
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities, and complete tasks accurately to exceptionally high standards within set timelines.
- Flexible to travel for occasional out-of-town engagements, and work occasional evenings for events.
This is a part-time (0.5FTE) position, located in either Calgary or Edmonton, with flexible hours of work, and the possibility of expanding into a full-time position in the future.
ACDS offers a competitive salary and a highly supportive work environment.
Please state “Application for Communications Coordinator” in subject line.
Deadline: May 30, 2018
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interview candidates will be required to bring original documents to prove academic credentials and samples of previous communication and design materials. Position will remain open and deadline may be extended until the ideal candidate is found.
Job Type: Part-time
- communications: 5 years
- Calgary, AB
- Fluent English; are you fluent verbally and written