Logistics Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in National Shunt Service Limited Cobourg
National Shunt Service Limited Cobourg urgently required following position for Logistics Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Logistics Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in National Shunt Service Limited Cobourg Jobs Details:
Family owned and operated transportation company is seeking an experienced Logistics Coordinator. If you have a winning attitude and looking for a career in a niche business, this opportunity is right for you!!!
National Shunt Service Ltd. operates across North America and we specialize in yard management (shunting). Over 20 years of experience providing innovative yard management services (operations and technology), NSSL executes a total yard management program for any type of warehouse, manufacturer or cross-dock operation in North America.
Reporting to the Transportation Manager, you will be the key liaison between suppliers, clients, and carriers while working in conjunction with various internal departments.
- Arrange the pick-up, delivery, and brokerage of all incoming and outgoing orders with freight carriers and courier
- Responsible for creating electronic orders to facilitate moves
- Communicates with carriers, shippers, and receivers to facilitate shipments
- Monitor carrier invoices and audit for discrepancies
- Correct pricing discrepancies with freight carriers and vendors
- Build strong relationships with the carriers through communication and ongoing monitoring of on time performance
- Have a complete and thorough understanding of the needs of the Customer and how the Company’s services can most effectively meet those needs
- Understand current industry market conditions and communicate any carrier issues that might impact operations as a whole with the entire team
- Problem solve as issues arrive, working with the Operations Manager, Sales, and/or Administrations in order to resolve
- Assist the Transportation Manager with the day to day operations requirements including the management of dock employees and drivers as needed
- Follows company guidelines and improves knowledge of protocols at all times
- Other duties as required
Skills and Requirements
Post-secondary education in logistics/transportation is an asset
Experience / background in transportation/logistics/customs is an asset
Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel and Word
Understanding of provincial, and international transportation legislation is an asset, including customs clearance
Strong organizational skills
Team player; ability to work effectively with others
Excellent communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Logistics: 1 year (Required)