Employee Service Representative Jobs Vacancy in The Ottawa Hospital Ottawa
The Ottawa Hospital Ottawa urgently required following position for Employee Service Representative. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Employee Service Representative Jobs Vacancy in The Ottawa Hospital Ottawa Jobs Details:
The incumbent of this position is responsible for providing front-line customer support and general reception duties for the Human Resources Department, some support to the Payroll Department, as well as administration of testing for recruitment purposes. As a first point of contact for the Department, the main duties include greeting clients and the public, responding to general inquiries, re-directing calls, responding to e-mails, data entry and data management, generating reports, drafting correspondence, and general office duties as required.
Days, 8 hour shifts.
- College Diploma in Human Resources, Office Administration, or similar field;
- One (1) to two (2) years of administrative experience in a similar position;
- Complete computer literacy with skills in a Windows environment including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate), with specific knowledge of word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheets (Excel), and electronic mail (Outlook);
- Knowledge and proven understanding of HR functions and processes, within a unionized environment;
- Knowledge of basic math required to complete financial tasks and responsibilities;
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with staff and the general public, while maintaining confidentiality, and a strong client focus;
- Excellent customer service skills and exceptional telephone etiquette;
- Excellent administrative, and oral and written communication skills with demonstrated first-rate attention to detail;
- Ability to manage time effectively, maintain a high level of organization during very busy periods, and prioritize work based on urgency and demand;
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing needs of the department - ability to work under challenging timelines to meet various deadlines;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment, as well as work effectively within a team;
- Highly developed problem-solving, decision-making, and interpersonal skills required to deal with unexpected situations or issues;
- Ability to lift and move boxes or other items weighing up to approximately 20 pounds;
- Keyboarding skills (minimum 45 wpm);
- Proficiency in English and French – oral expression (advanced level) and comprehension (advanced level).
Language proficiency requirements are based on the nature of the position and the level of interaction with French- and English-speaking clients.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we would like to hear from you. Please submit an on-line application for the position you are interested in. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.