Public Relations Manager Infrastructure Jobs Vacancy in Stantec Toronto
Stantec Toronto urgently required following position for Public Relations Manager Infrastructure. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Public Relations Manager Infrastructure Jobs Vacancy in Stantec Toronto Jobs Details:
We need a storyteller. A passionate, senior communicator. A person who thrives on creativity. A trustworthy counselor. Why? We’re Stantec – a global company of architects, engineers, and scientists (22,000 and growing) that designs with community in mind. How? We …
… make walking routes to local schools safer for children.
… create understanding between cities and auto manufacturers on the topic of self-driving vehicles
… engineer rail control systems that create intelligent communication between trains to avoid accidents.
… design parks that serve as public gathering places.
… study and productively steer traffic on our busiest roadways, freeways, and bridges.
… convert brown and gray fields, and other underused sites, into vibrant, mixed-use spaces.
Yes, we have stories to tell. To join our distributed PR team, we’re seeking an experienced professional to work directly with our Infrastructure team who knows social media and media relations inside and out. Can you write with the best of them? Thrive in a fast-paced environment? Build and carry out campaign plans? Great! You’re the experienced team member we’re looking for.
Are You Passionate About the Infrastructure that Enables Communities?
The Infrastructure Group at Stantec is comprised of approximately 4,200 staff, in six countries and over 150 offices. The ongoing success of Infrastructure is highly dependent on the quality and performance of our team working collectively across all disciplines and leadership levels.
When you begin with the end in mind, you can create meaningful change. This philosophy guides how we approach every infrastructure project. We build strong communities for the people that live and work there. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. Our decades of experience turning ideas into achievable visions is how we elevate communities.
We have a spot for an Infrastructure Public Relations Manager on our team, and it’s got your name written all over it. This role requires someone who has serious skills when it comes to PR—a team player who always thinks strategically, can see creative stories and bring them to life, provide counsel to leadership, and respond quickly to shifting priorities.
In this role, you’ll provide direction on media relations, social media strategy, content marketing, issues/crisis management, and reputation management in partnership with practice Marketing & PR/Communications colleagues and leadership. Combining your business savvy and PR genius, you’ll look for creative ways to tell the most critical stories stemming from our Infrastructure teams. We’re looking for someone to be based in Boston, New York City, Phoenix, or Toronto.
Opportunities for a star player!
Your ability to successfully develop proactive public relations strategies to bring Stantec’s brand to life will help you shine. You’ll need to develop a solid understanding of Stantec’s footprint in business in the built environment, the company’s brand promise, client needs, key differentiators, and market trends.
Reporting to the Director of Public Relations, some of the activities you’ll focus your energy on include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with Infrastructure Marketing colleagues to develop and implement an integrated marketing and PR plan that tells the Company’s news and brand story across multiple channels
- Communicating with building industry publications to contribute expert articles and blogs, and to seek editorial coverage
- Developing and managing communications initiatives involving news releases, social media outreach, content marketing, research, interviews, media training and spokesperson support, media monitoring and tracking, and other support on special projects and events
- Overseeing media outreach and preparing practice leadership by developing briefing documents; identifying opportunities and issues; and developing relevant remarks, speeches, and talking points for them
- Issues/crisis communications management, in partnership with leadership
- Providing social media and media/crisis communications training for internal groups
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, English, journalism, or marketing.
- Minimum 6 to 8 years of public relations experience in corporate or agency preferred.
Demonstrated Experience with:
- Crisis Communication
- Professional writing (samples required)
- Campaign planning and faciliation
- Social media strategy and administration
- Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities
- Fundamental understanding of the media landscape (traditional, social)
- Excellent interviewing, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment, as well as to work autonomously
- Familiarity with photography and video preferred
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with multiple audiences and articulate clearly within tight deadlines
- Strategic mindset and strong business acumen