Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Brookfield Renewable National Capital Region
Brookfield Renewable National Capital Region urgently required following position for Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Brookfield Renewable National Capital Region Jobs Details:
Brookfield Renewable is looking for an Accountant who enjoys a fast-paced environment and can multi-task in a growing Accounting department. As an Accountant under our North American platform, you will be responsible for all aspects of the monthly accounting cycle, ensuring timely and accurate financial close and preparation of the financial statements. In this role, you will regularly collaborate with members of Brookfield’s North American Finance team and other internal stakeholders, allowing you to build strong networks within the organization.
We welcome dedicated, and team-oriented individuals who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic organization and helping it thrive. We are looking for people who are interested in both professional and personal growth!
- Manage the financial statement close process for a portfolio of companies;
- Prepare timely and accurate journal entries as required in completing the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process;
- Review and maintain monthly general ledger reconciliations,
- Prepare financial variance analysis to plan / budget
- Liaise with various groups within the organization and other business partners involved in the month end closing process;
- Provide year-end audit support, including responses to auditor questions and requests;
- Develop and implement process improvements including coming up with innovative ideas on how to expand and improve the internal control environment;
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed during the year.
- Ability to ensure accuracy, timeliness and consistency of all transactions recorded into the general ledger system for North American entities;
- Self-motivated, with a high level of initiative;
- Ability to “think outside the box”, to work in a dynamic, complex, fast paced environment, and to adapt quickly to changing priorities;
- Flexibility to work additional hours when needed at quarter end or during peak periods;
- Stellar communication skills (oral, written, and listening).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA or CPA candidate preferred;
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience; experience in a Big 4 Accounting firm is a plus;
- Demonstrated knowledge of IFRS (US GAAP is an asset);
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls; specific SOX experience is considered an asset;
- Solid MS Excel skills (including vlookup and pivot tables) with the ability to learn new systems quickly.