Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Brookfield Renewable Gatineau
Brookfield Renewable Gatineau urgently required following position for Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Brookfield Renewable Gatineau Jobs Details:
Brookfield Renewable is looking for an Accountant who enjoys a fast-paced environment and can multi-task in a growing Accounting department. As an Accountant under our North American platform, you will be responsible to maintain proper ledgers, registers, accounts, journals as well as similar financial records. In this role, you will regularly collaborate with members of Brookfield’s North American Accounting team and support the Controller.
We welcome dedicated, and team-oriented individuals who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic organization and helping it thrive. We are looking for people who are interested in both professional and personal growth!
- Perform the financial statement close process for a portfolio of companies;
- Prepare timely and accurate journal entries as required in completing the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process;
- Maintain, monitor and reconcile monthly general ledger reconciliations;
- Perform bank and other account reconciliations
- Prepare GST, HST and QST returns as required
- Prepare bank deposits
- Generate monthly financial reports
- Provide year-end audit support to auditor questions and requests;
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed during the year.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines, particularly around month and quarter end close;
- Flexibility to work additional hours when needed at quarter end or during peak periods;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use sound judgment;
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing responsibilities;
- Ability to work as part of a team and strong communication skills in English are required;
- Knowledge of French considered an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent in relevant work experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS and US GAAP is an asset);
- Solid MS Excel skills (including vlookup and pivot tables) with the ability to learn new systems quickly.