Registered Practical Nurse Rpn Jobs Vacancy in Chartwell Retirement Residences Vineland
Chartwell Retirement Residences Vineland urgently required following position for Registered Practical Nurse Rpn. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Registered Practical Nurse Rpn Jobs Vacancy in Chartwell Retirement Residences Vineland Jobs Details:
The Registered Practical Nurse provides professional nursing care to residents in accordance with required medical care and established nursing care plans and practices.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assesses, plan, implement and evaluate individualized care to meet the residents' physical and emotional needs. Ensure resident care plan is initiated in collaboration with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Communicate with relatives regarding the care and condition of respective residents as required.
- In conjunction with the Health and Wellness Manager, participates in discharge planning, consultation, and/or transfer of residents.
- As required, provide direct resident care and participate in resident teaching.
- Encourage active participation by residents in all therapy programs and recreational activities.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of an appropriate plan of care for each resident.
- Liaise with attending physicians, psychiatrists, consultants, social workers, clergy, relatives or responsible persons, nursing, dietary, activity staff, etc. to ensure effective resident care is provided;
- Provides first aid to staff when necessary and completes Employee Injury Report;
- Procure and administer medications including all injections and narcotics;
- Participate in the orientation, on-the-job training and in-servicing of nursing staff as required;
- As required, requisition and receive supplies.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A sound knowledge and background in geriatric, rehabilitation or long term/retirement nursing including activation, nursing and personnel administration. Knowledge of the appropriate sections of the Health Disciplines Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Pharmacy Act, Food and Drugs Act (Canada), Narcotic Control Act (Canada) and other pertinent Federal, Provincial and Municipal Statutes which influence the operation of the Retirement Home and more specifically the nursing department;
- Registered Practical Nurses who provide care to residents in the facility shall have a current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses within their province;
- All RPN staff who will be administering medications to residents shall have completed the following:
- An RPN Nursing program which contains a Medication Administration course as part of the core program;
- An RPN Medication Administration Certificate program provided in Ontario since 1985 or; A Medication Administration Certificate course provided out of province and which has been evaluated by the facility’s Health and Wellness Manager.