Edmonton Calgary And Toronto Enterprise Services Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Dentons Toronto
- Edmonton Calgary And Toronto Enterprise Services Specialist
- Toronto ON
- 14 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
Dentons Toronto urgently required following position for Edmonton Calgary And Toronto Enterprise Services Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Edmonton Calgary And Toronto Enterprise Services Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Dentons Toronto Jobs Details:
We are seeking an experienced Enterprise Services Specialist to join the Information Technology Shared Services department. The Enterprise Technology team is responsible for Dentons’ digital core, which includes the firm’s services, infrastructure, and network. Although this role is part of the Enterprise Technology team, this role will work closely on a day-to-day basis with the Enterprise Operations team. This opportunity is ideal for the individual who is passionate about working in a highly virtualized and innovative environment. This role reports to the Manager, Enterprise Operations and will be required to work closely with colleagues located across the firm’s six Canadian offices and, additionally, with Global IT peers.
To be successful in this role the candidate must possess a broad understanding and passion for technology. The candidate, as part of our Enterprise Technology group, having intermediate or senior level knowledge & experience, will play a key role in planning, design, implementation, and support of the firm’s technology environment that falls within their areas of responsibilities. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to be part of a highly talented and collaborative team, wherein they can apply their ideas and experience helping to further innovate and evolve the firm’s adoption of technology.
- Planning, implementing and maintaining a production MSSQL database server environment. Aid in the analysis of business needs to recommend innovative technology solutions while actively participating in firm wide IT and business initiatives.
- Perform system upgrades in collaboration with the Enterprise Operations team and external service providers as needed.
- Provide operational escalation support for the firms critical business systems.
- Remain current with emerging trends in technology.
- Proactive health monitoring of critical business systems and technologies.
- Aid in the transition of operational duties to appropriate IT individuals or groups.
- Participation during monthly maintenance activities.
- Other duties may be assigned, as required.
- Advanced experience (hands-on/design) with focus on database management;
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012/14 certification (minimum requirement)
- MCSE: Data Management & Analytics or Data Platform (preferred)
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. VMWare), particularly virtualization of MSSQL.
- Technically proficient and knowledgeable with MS Active Directory and other Microsoft technologies, such as Exchange, Lync.
- Experience and key understanding of business continuity technologies
- University degree or college certificate and/or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of progressive technology experience, with 3+ years in a planning, design, implementation role.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to create and follow written procedures.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- Excellent time management skills and a demonstrated ability to consistently meet deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute within a highly collaborative team environment.
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High standard of ethical conduct, and customer service.
- Legal or other professional services experience is beneficial.
- Bilingual English/French is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume by email to:
Dentons Canada LLP
We thank all applicants; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.