Manager Construction Support Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Pacific Toronto
Canadian Pacific Toronto urgently required following position for Manager Construction Support. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Construction Support Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Pacific Toronto Jobs Details:
The Manager Signal & Communications (S&C) Construction – TR&E is accountable for providing the guidance and managerial leadership of employees supporting track renewal programs as well as for controlling the on-going construction of S&C systems in accordance with S&C Standards and Regulatory requirements to permit the safe operation of trains on the territory.
- Direct safety leadership and fosters continuous improvement in workplace safety;
- Monitor performance of the construction services delivered and initiates corrective action where appropriate;
- Implement policies, processes and procedures to improve productivity and efficiency;
- Identify and recommends innovative work methods, new processes and best practices;
- Accountable for completion and final documentation of construction projects;
- Liaise with Regulatory agencies for compliance and new installations;
- Manage the work performed and within budgetary guidelines;
- Coach/mentor direct reports to improve their effectiveness, assess personal effectiveness and provide development opportunities;
- Provide input to modify the integrated plan according to adjustments in demand and schedule;
- Fully utilize the collective agreement for effective work management.
- Must possess a minimum High School diploma and an Electronics Diploma an asset;
- Minimum 10 years of job related experience;
- Working knowledge of S&C Principles;
- Working knowledge on S&C equipment;
- Knowledge and comprehension of collective agreements;
- Knowledgeable on S&C Standards and Regulatory requirements;
- Demonstrated ability in Planning, Prioritizing and Execution to the plan;
- Good computer skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, SAP, CAM’s);
- Good problem solving and analytical skills;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written;
- Leadership and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to be available for emergent situations;
- Significant travel and overnight stays;
- Demonstrated commitment to regulatory compliance;
- Proven dedication to leading safety initiatives;
- Dedicated to safe, on time, on budget, quality construction.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered safety sensitive ; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").