Financial Market Risk Lead Jobs Vacancy in Krubera Group Ottawa
Krubera Group Ottawa urgently required following position for Financial Market Risk Lead. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Financial Market Risk Lead Jobs Vacancy in Krubera Group Ottawa Jobs Details:
Financial Market Risk Lead
Reporting to the Director, the Lead, Financial Market Risk is primarily responsible and accountable for leading the analysis, development, and operationalization of risk models for a core clearing and settlement systems. The risk models must meet the relevant risk standards of Bank of Canada for designated systemically important payment systems and prominent payment systems, and shall be based on sound and credible information gathered from numerous sources, including: member and Canadian stakeholder engagement, international trends and developments, other payments expert’s reports/opinions and sources of independent research. The incumbent will also lead discussions with members and Canadian stakeholders to achieve consensus on proposed models and implementation strategies.
Other responsibilities of the position include:
- Recommending changes to bylaws, rules and/or internal policies and procedures to implement the risk models;
- Leading and recommending how core payment clearing and settlement systems should meet regulatory standards;
- Overseeing, conducting, and sharing research and analysis in support of priority policy and operational-related issues;
- Investigating and presenting analysis on the implications to members and Payments Canada stakeholders to solution options;
- Assisting in preparing feasibility studies to support the approval of recommended actions;
- Participating in the development of detailed business/functional requirements for the core clearing and settlement systems to ensure that the capabilities to be delivered meet the needs and are clearly documented, and
- Providing support and subject matter expertise to other divisions.
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant area (e.g., Business, Finance or Economics
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial and/or operational risk management, economics or finance
- Experience in risk management at financial institutions or regulatory oversight at a regulator
- Knowledge of the Canadian payments industry, in particular Canadian payments clearing and settlement systems, or banking operations
- Knowledge of the federal government’s and Bank of Canada’s positions/priorities in relation to financial sector policy and the modernization of Canada’s core payments system
- Knowledge of existing and emerging international/global issues respecting the financial services sector in general that could have an impact on the Canadian payment systems
- Insights into the developments of international clearing and settlement systems is considered an asset
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
Job Type: Full-time