Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Communications Inc Mississauga
Communications Inc Mississauga urgently required following position for Mechanical Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Communications Inc Mississauga Jobs Details:
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Position Status: Regular, Full time
Work location: Mississauga, Ontario
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer at iS5 Communications Inc. you will be responsible for Mechanical design, release and launch of complete product lines. You will be part of the team that creates and executes industry leading communication devices in terms of innovation, security and performance.
You will utilize your expertise in design and development of products as you work with a lean and agile team of the best hardware and software engineers in the industry. You will report to the CTO and this position resides in the iS5 Communications Engineering Team.
Responsibilities: Along with iS5 Coms engineering team, you will design, release and launch communication products which are aligned with industry standards and project product profile with responsibilities to include:
- Convert product definition into concept and design with limited to no guidance.
- Contribute to the formulation and/or evaluation of business cases for specific projects.
- Work independently and/or as part of a team to evaluate and develop new thermal solutions and manufacturing advancements.
- Conduct and review engineering analysis during the design process. e. Stress/Fatigue, Thermal and Type Tests.
- With a scientific approach, evaluate product performance through testing with testing lab and possible vendor sites.
- Organize and analyze data using statistical tools.
- Design of test models, for the verification and validation of design concepts.
- Create, implement and manage development project plans & budget from start to finish including definition, conception, prototyping, testing and final product implementation phases.
- Support business commercialization phases.
- Project communication throughout the various phases is vital including project kick-off presentations, schedules, design reviews, development updates, risk assessment reports and design rationale documentation.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.A.Sc. and/or M.Sc.)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in sheet metal design and/or industrial engineering, demonstrating technical aptitude from concept through release and launch for production.
- 3D modeling proficiency in SolidWorks as well as 2D proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Strong background and knowledge in mechanical design, stress & fatigue analysis and thermal analysis for effective thermal designs. (Experience with Solid works simulation would be an asset).
- Sound knowledge in GD&T and mechanical detail drawings.
- Experience with layout drawings and BOM creation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of ERP systems with regards to BOM and part creation and maintenance. (Sage X3).
- Experience managing suppliers for product development.
- Have a good mix of designing a variety of materials via different processes (machined, cast, injection mold, 3D printing, etc.)
- Have in-depth technical expertise with the latest manufacturing technologies and feasibility execution to achieve systems requirements and world-class craftsmanship/performance targets.
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage difficult projects with tight timing constraints and provide examples of such scenarios throughout your career
- Adobe Suit experience for silkscreen generation.
- Advanced MS Suite knowledge
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you have to be:
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Proactive and energetic, creative and self-starter
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision
What iS5Com offers:
At iS5 Communication Inc. our team is everything! You will have an opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative team. Some of the perks our team members have are:
- Medical, Dental and Vision care benefits
- Access to public transportation
- Flexible work hours
- Casual Friday dress code all week long
- Employee Referral Programs
- And more!
iS5 Communications Inc. is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights code. iS5 Communications Inc. will provide accommodations throughout all aspects of the recruitment process, upon request from candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
- Solidworks: 10 years
- Mechanical Engineering: 10 years
- GD&T and mechanical detail drawings: 10 years
- mechanical design, stress & fatigue analysis: 10 years
- Mississauga, ON